CQG in Excel regarding historical datas

edited September 2013 in API
Dear all,

Is that possible in CQG to exctract historical datas into excel spreadsheet? For instance Open Interest of the crude (CLAV3) 1 monthe ago?

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Yes, you can bring historical data easily into excel using RTD functionality.  You would use the following formula to get the Open Interest of CLA 1 month ago:
    = RTD("cqg.rtd",,"StudyData", "CLA", "OI",, "OI","M","-1","all",,,,"T")

You can find sample workspaces we have created as well as RTD Samples on our website at: http://news.cqg.com/cgi-bin/mt/mt-search.cgi?IncludeBlogs=23&tag=Excel&limit=10.  In addition, if you are running CQG Integrated Client you also have some RTD samples included in the installation located at C:\Program Files (x86)\CQG\CQGNet\Samples\RTDExcel.  
    Please let us know if you have any questions!
  • You can export 300 bars at a time from CQGIC to Excel. You may export different sets of 300 bars. Display the chart with the study applied.

You are able to view the point and figure chart as a spreadsheet. Right-click the Print button and then click Tabular Display. A new window will open. The data that is displayed graphically on the chart will be displayed in a spreadsheet. Once this is complete, copy and paste the data from the CQGIC spreadsheet into Excel.

• That s great many thanks for your help.
  • Well actually just tested it (symply copy/past the above formula) and Excel returned an error formula. I am using Excel 2010 in French if that helps...
  • What is the error you received?  
  • The usual one when there is a typo within the formula that brings you the "microsoft help" support in case you want...

Any chance you can send me a spreadsheet with the formula you typed above? Will liaise the with my IT department to make it works.

• No problem.  I have attached it here.  Please let us know if you have issues opening it.